National Association of Christian Ministers Leadership Series
By Michael Mooney, Exec. Elder
Consider the following scripture:
(4) But Jesus told them, “The only place a prophet isn’t honored is in his hometown, among his relatives, and in his own house.”
(5) He couldn’t work any miracles there except to lay his hands on a few sick people and cure them.
(6) Their unbelief amazed him. Then Jesus went around to the villages and taught.
Pray and ask the Holy Spirit to Speak Truth to you, then ask yourself the following questions:
How do you think the people in your family would describe your leadership in the following?
• a time of crisis: They would say that I am a mess in times of crisis. I could improve on my responses to times of anxiety.
• a time of failure: I think that they would agree that I bounce back well. I do not make a habit of spending too much time dwelling on disappointment and personal failures.
• a time of victory: I also think that they would agree that I handle such times with attempted healthy enthusiasm.
• a time of plenty: During these times they would say that I worry a bit over the inevitable coming times of “lack”.
• a time of want: They would say that I am goal focused during these times.
Do you like what you would hear? If not, why?
(p. 28) Blanchard, Ken, & Hodges, Phil. (2006). Lead like Jesus: Lessons from the greatest leadership role model of all time. United States: W. Publishing Group. ISBN #0-8499-1872-3