1. Luke 12:15: “Then he said to them, ‘Watch out! Be on your guard against all kinds of greed; life does not consist in an abundance of possessions.'”
4. Proverbs 28:25: “The greedy stir up conflict, but those who trust in the LORD will prosper.”
5. Ecclesiastes 5:10: “Whoever loves money never has enough; whoever loves wealth is never satisfied with their income. This too is meaningless.”
6. Mark 7:21-23: “For it is from within, out of a person’s heart, that evil thoughts come—sexual immorality, theft, murder, adultery, greed, malice, deceit, lewdness, envy, slander, arrogance and folly. All these evils come from inside and defile a person.”
8. Colossians 3:5: “Put to death, therefore, whatever belongs to your earthly nature: sexual immorality, impurity, lust, evil desires and greed, which is idolatry.”
9. Proverbs 15:27: “The greedy bring ruin to their households, but the one who hates bribes will live.”
These verses caution against the dangers of greed and the love of money, reminding us of the importance of contentment, trust in God, and prioritizing our relationship with Him over material possessions. They highlight the negative consequences of greed and idolatry, while urging us to live lives of integrity and generosity.